Year 1 Birch Class
Curriculum Information Page
Welcome to the Year 1 (Birch Class) page.
We hope this provides you with important information to support your child's learning this year.
Please do get in contact if there is anything that we can help you with.
What we will be learning this Summer Term 2023...
This term’s enquiry question is:
How does your garden grow?
This is what we will be learning about in each subject area:
English: Traditional tales, poetry, instruction writing.
Maths: Place value to 100. Multiplication & division. Fractions. Time. Money.
Science: Seasons and seasonal changes. Plants.
RE: How did the universe come to be?
Geography: Seasonal changes. Weather patterns.
Art: Artist study of Van Gogh..
Music: Recognising pitch and pulse.
Life Skills: Money.
P.E. Strike & Field. Athletics.
How you can help your child with their learning:
- Use the Knowledge Organiser (at the bottom of this page) to help your child learn the information we are exploring.
- Discuss the school day with your child – ask them what they’ve been learning about.
- Hear you child read EVERY DAY so they can keep earning merit points!
- Ensure your child has all the equipment they will need in school each day (especially their Reading Record, PE kit, water bottle and welly boots!)
- Follow the class Twitter feed for regular updates about our learning: @nectony1
Other things to remember:
- P.E. dates have changed this term - P.E. will be on Thursday's and Fridays.
- Please ensure that earrings are removed for P.E. or taped up before arriving at school.
- Please make sure that any uniform and personal belongings are named.
- Classroom drinks should be water and in a clearly named bottle.
- Reading books will be changed on a Tuesday & Friday.
- Long hair must be tied back at all times – not just for P.E.
- Y1 will be visiting the Forest school area each Friday so please ensure that your child has wellie boots for this day.
IMPORTANT DATES THIS TERM:
Tuesday 18th April - Summer term begins
Monday 1st May - BANK HOLIDAY
Monday 8th May - BANK HOLIDAY (CORONATION)
w.b. 15th May - STAY SAFE WEEK 3 (including Walk or Wheel Week)
Wednesday 24th May - SEND Parents Evening
Monday 29th May to Friday 2nd June - HALF TERM
w.c. 12th June - Phonics Screening Check
Wednesday 21st June - Y1 trip to Holkham Hall
Saturday 24th June - FOSA Necton Summer Fete
Wednesday 28th June - Sports Day
Wednesday 12th July - Move Up Morning
Friday 21st July - Last day of summer term
Summer Term Knowledge Organiser: