Reception Class Page
Curriculum Information Page
Welcome to the Reception (Elm Class) page.
We hope this provides you with important information to support your child's learning this year.
Please do get in contact if there is anything that we can help you with.
What we will be learning this Summer Term 2023...
What we will be learning about:
Our topics this term will start with continuing our learning on growing, minibeasts and under the sea. These topics will be led by the interests of the children. These topics will support all areas of literacy and numeracy and provide great opportunities for learning in the other areas of the curriculum– we also hope they will be fun!
We are now starting Phase 4 of the Little Wandle Phonics scheme.
Maths – We are focusing our learning on number 11-20: placing them in order and say which number is one more or one less than a given number. Using quantities and objects, they add and subtract two single-digit numbers and count on or back to find the answer.
We will continue to use Tapestry to record your child’s learning. Please look out for challenges, which will be set for home. The children love show the class their pictures and tell them what they have been doing at home. Some children have not yet had the opportunity to share anything from home yet, so it would be lovely if all children could have something to share this term. I would particularly like to see videos of the children reading their books at home. They are often more confident and relaxed in the home environment. This will help to support my assessments of their reading. Thank you.
How you can help your child with their learning:
- Look out for @NectonEYFS on Twitter for regular updates of what the children have been learning.
- We will still be doing to PE on Mondays . Please note that children cannot take part in PE if they are wearing earrings, so please remove any earrings before your child comes to school.
- We will also be taking part in Forest School activities on a Monday afternoon, we will provide the children with waterproof overalls so no extra clothing needs to be brought in for this.
- Please don't forget to send in a water bottle and sun hat every day now that the weather is getting warmer. Sun cream may be applied before the start of the school day.
- You will continue to receive a weekly phonics home learning sheet, please look at the words your child will need to practice reading and spelling.
- Look at books together every day– both school books and books from home. Don’t forget to keep earning those stamps to gain Merits at school!
- Play games with numbers 11-20 to help your child to learn to read and order numbers.
IMPORTANT DATES THIS TERM:
Tuesday 18th April - Summer term begins
Monday 1st May - BANK HOLIDAY
Monday 8th May - BANK HOLIDAY (CORONATION)
w.b. 15th May - STAY SAFE WEEK 3 (including Walk or Wheel Week)
Wednesday 24th May - SEND Parents Evening
Friday 26th May - Class trip to Gressenhall Rural Life Museum
Monday 29th May to Friday 2nd June - HALF TERM
Saturday 24th June - FOSA Necton Summer Fete
Wednesday 28th June - Sports Day
Wednesday 12th July - Move Up Morning
Friday 21st July - Last day of summer term